Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tamale pie is really good. Served as a casserole. Has ground beef, onion, corn, olives and salsa in it and taco seasoning. Has a cornmeal cheese crust and cheese melted on top too. We all like it.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings of tamale pie.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 16 oz jar Ortega salsa (any flavor)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1¼ oz pkg Ortega taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2¼ oz can sliced olives, drained
- 1 cup yellow or white cornmeal
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 4 oz can Ortega diced green chiles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- Ortega pickled jalapeno slices
- Cook beef and onion in a skillet until beef is browned, drain.
- Stir in salsa, water and seasoning mix and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cook 4 minutes add corn and olives.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine cornmeal, milk, chiles, ½ cup cheese and salt in saucepan.
- Cook 7 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon filling into ungreased baking dish.
- Spread cornmeal mixture on top.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish servings with jalapenos and red bell pepper strips.