Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Cookoff, Winner, Category Brand Winners/Borden Brand Winner
- Prep: 25 minutes | Cool: 5 minutes | Bake: 58 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 (28-oz) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (17-oz) package fully cooked pork roast au jus
- 1 (6-oz) package buttermilk cornbread mix
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 poblano chile peppers (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 cup Borden shred medleys southwestern-style shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp refrigerated cilantro paste (suggested brand-gourmet garden cilantro herb blend)
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 1 (2¼ oz) sliced ripe black olives, drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour enchilada sauce in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Remove outer packaging (sleeve) from pork roast.
- Microwave pork in vacuum-sealed tray on high 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, and let cool 5 minutes.
- Drain au jus in tray into a medium bowl.
- Shred pork.
- Add cornbread mix, butter, and cumin to au jus in bowl, and stir until blended.
- Stir in shredded pork.
- Cut stems from top of each pepper.
- Cut each pepper lengthwise down 1 flat side, leaving other side intact; remove seeds and membranes.
- Spoon pork mixture evenly into cavity of each pepper.
- Place stuffed peppers in baking dish, stuffed sides up.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 40 – 50 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Uncover and sprinkle each pepper with ¼ cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 6 – 8 minutes until cheese melts.
- Stir together sour cream and cilantro paste in a small bowl.
- Spoon about ½ cup enchilada sauce onto a plate; top with 1 stuffed pepper, drizzle ¼ of sour cream mixture over pepper.
- Arrange ¼ cup tomatoes on 1 side of pepper; arrange ¼ of olives on the other side.
- Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately with remaining enchilada sauce.