Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 350 g minced beef
- 1 tbsp fresh root ginger, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 25 g chopped coriander
- 1 large spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Place the beef, ginger, garlic, coriander, spring onion, rice wine, pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, sugar, chilli and egg yolk in a bowl.
- Mix together and shape into small meatballs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or saucepan.
- Fry the meatballs in batches until cooked through and browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the meatballs on kitchen paper.
- Wrap each one in an iceberg lettuce leaf, securing with a toothpick, and serve either with sweet chilli sauce or coconut noodles.