Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Taiwanese Special Fried Noodles
- 500 g fine rice noodles
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g fatty minced pork
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 3 Chinese mushrooms, soaked in water and diced
- 6 tablespoons light soy sauce
- pinch of sugar
- 1 medium onion, sliced and fried
- oil, for cooking
- 1 bunch spring onions, green ends only, cut into 2–3 cm lengths
- ½ cup carrot, cut into fine slivers
- Additional 125 mL light soy sauce
- 500 mL water
- 2 cups bean shoots
- 1 bunch garlic chives, chopped
- few leaves coriander leaves
- Soak noodles as recommended on the packet in boiling water, then strain in a colander. Take care not to overcook.
- In a frypan, fry garlic, then add Pork mince and five spice powder. Fry the spice to enhance the flavour.
- Add Mushrooms and soy sauce, then a pinch of Sugar and enough water to cover the meat. Cover and simmer for about 50 minutes before adding the onions for a further 10 minutes.
- In a wok, heat some oil to a high heat and lightly stir fry the spring onions, then add the carrot sticks. Add additional soy sauce and a cup of boiling water.
- Add noodles and toss through the mixture in the wok.
- Add bean shoots and garlic chives. Toss together and serve on a large plate.
- Pour meat sauce over the noodles and garnish with coriander leaves.