Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spicy and creamy without being overly sweet. I used 2 tbsp curry paste and I think 4 Thai chiles and it was moderately spicy. That might be too hot for some, so cut back if you don't want it to be hot. I served this with "Thai Marinated Pork with Dipping Sauce- recipe 81667" and "Poat Dot - Cambodian Grilled corn recipe 38475" and it made a wonderful dinner. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (13.5 ounces) can light coconut milk
- 1 – 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 firm bananas (they can be slightly green)
- 3 – 4 Thai red chili peppers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a large saucepan, heat oil.
- Add potatoes and cook until lightly browned on the outside.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, juice of the lime, fish sauce, and brown sugar to pan, stirring to mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Peel and slice bananas into chunks and stir in with the potatoes.
- Cook over low heat 5–7 minutes or until heated through and bananas have softened but are still intact.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced chilli peppers before serving.
- Serve hot.