Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- fish, cubed, 1.5 cm size, marinated about 6 hrs 
- 6 - 12 limes or lemons, juice sufficient to cover fish in mixing bowl
- 4 - 6 cloves garlic, crushed, or to taste
- salt, to taste
- coconut juice 
- carrot, grated
- tomato, diced
- spring onions, finely chopped (Use equal portions of the white and green) (keep small portion aside for garnish)
- 4 - 5 eggs, hard boiled
- Dice fish (no bones) and place in bowl
- Cover with freshly squeezed lime juice
- Add crushed garlic
- Mix and place in fridge for 4-6 Hours (or overnight). Sample at intervals... the flesh will be ‘white’ and not translucent when ‘cooked’
- Drain juice into a separate bowl
- Add Coconut cream/juice (to make it saucy, but not too sloppy)
- Add rest of the ingredients except for the egg.
- Mix well
- Sample ...add marinated juice you put aside to gain the desired ‘tang’
- Add salt to draw flavor.
- when done add the egg and blend gently as it will break up if mixed too much.
- Garnish with finely chopped green from the spring onion.
- ↑ Size dictates marinating time : 1.5 cm size = about 6 Hrs marinating. Use a ‘meaty’ fish like parrot fish, barramundi or snapper. Strip all red flesh from meat, as this do not ‘bleach’ out.
- ↑ Traditional method of wire comb-rasping out the flesh then wring juice in calico cloth is best), if you can’t, then coconut cream is good substitute.