Makes 6 servings.
- 2½ cups slivered cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 x 17-ounce can fruit cocktail (drain; reserve syrup)
- 1½ cups chicken broth, divided
- ⅓ cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 green pepper, cut into ¾-inch squares
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook ham in butter in wok or large skillet until lightly browned.
- Stir in fruit syrup, 1 cup chicken broth, preserves, mustard, ginger, pepper and soy sauce.
- Cook over low heat about 5 minutes.
- Blend remaining ½ cup broth and wine with cornstarch.
- Stir into ham mixture.
- Add fruit and green pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.