From The Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic Cook Book
- Time 20 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- ¾ lbs lean ground beef
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp green chile peppers, diced, canned
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1½ cups tomato, chopped
- 3 tbsp Italian salad dressing, reduced-calorie
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 cup low-calories processed cheese or part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded or a mixture of both
- ½ cup taco sauce
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, chopped onions, green chili pepper; and minced garlic over medium heat till beef is brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in chili powder.
- In a mixing bowl combine chopped tomato, Italian salad dressing, and seasoned salt. spoon beef mixture into taco shells.
- Top with tomato mixture, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, and taco sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
- Food exchanges: 3 lean meat exchanges + 1 starch/bread exchange + 1 vegetable exchange + 1 ½ fat exchanges