Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From The Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic Cook Book
- Time 20 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- ¾ lbs lean ground beef
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp green chile peppers, diced, canned
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1½ cups tomato, chopped
- 3 tbsp Italian salad dressing, reduced-calorie
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 cup low-calories processed cheese or part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded or a mixture of both
- ½ cup taco sauce
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, chopped onions, green chili pepper; and minced garlic over medium heat till beef is brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in chili powder.
- In a mixing bowl combine chopped tomato, Italian salad dressing, and seasoned salt. spoon beef mixture into taco shells.
- Top with tomato mixture, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, and taco sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
- Food exchanges: 3 lean meat exchanges + 1 starch/bread exchange + 1 vegetable exchange + 1 ½ fat exchanges