Makes approximately 4 dozen.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1-ounce package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- taco sauce
- Combine water and rice in 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil, stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Add Cheese, eggs and taco seasoning mix. Cool mixture to room temperature.
- Shape rice mixture into 2x1/2-inch sticks. Roll in bread crumbs. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Deep-fry balls in hot vegetable oil until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Serve with taco sauce.