- 1 cut up broiler-fryer Chicken
- 2 cans (6 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) Chickpeas, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) chopped, crushed or diced tomatoes.
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- ˝ cup chicken broth
- a cup white wine
- 1 Tb. fresh chopped mint
- 1 Ts. chopped garlic
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 Tb. finely grated lemon peel
- 2 Tb. corn starch
- 4 Tb. Cold water
- a cup chopped fresh parsley
- a cup chopped fresh cucumbers
- Grease large casserole dish. Place artichokes, Chickpeas, tomatoes, carrots, chicken broth, wine, mint, garlic, bulgur and lemon peel in casserole dish.
- In small dish, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; add to vegetable mixture, stirring well. Place Chicken on top. Bake, covered, in 350F oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until fork can be inserted into Chicken with ease.