- 250g bulgar Wheat - (cracked wheat)
- 50g parsley, washed and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons mint, washed and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, washed, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes peeled, washed, peeled, de-seeded and chopped in cubes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice or as much as you like
- salt and pepper
- Put the bulgar Wheat in a bowl and cover with water for 1 hour. After soaking use a fine sieve and let it drain well.
- In a large bowl add the bulgar Wheat and mix in all the ingredients except the tomato. Only add the tomato after all the other ingredients are mixed well.
- This refreshing salad can be served with barbecued or grilled meat dishes or served as a starter.