Cracked wheat salad
- 3 bunches flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (stems discarded)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, finely chopped, seeded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- juice of 3 lemons
- 100g (4oz) fine bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 250ml (9fl oz) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- Before you start prepare all the above ingredients ready.
- Place cracked wheat in a large bowl, add boiling water and set aside to soak for 15 minutes.
- Place chopped parsley, mint, onions and tomatoes in a large bowl then add the salt and pepper.
- Now mix all your ingredients thoroughly.
- Drain the cracked wheat, squeeze out excess water and add to the bowl and combine. Finally add lemon juice, olive oil and mix all ingredients.