Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bulgur is a grain that has a nutty flavor. It becomes soft as it absorbs the liquid from the salad.
- Fruits and Veggies Matter Child Recipe Cards by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, public domain government resource, original source of recipe
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 cups fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 scallions
- 3 lemons
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes
- Put the bulgur in a medium bowl with 1 cup of hot water. The bulgur will absorb the water.
- Wash the parsley in a colander under running water. Roll the herbs in paper towels to dry.
- Wash the scallions and pat dry. On a cutting board, cut off the roots and slice the white portion into ¼ –inch slices. Finely chop the slices and discard the green tops.
- Roll the lemons on a flat surface to loosen the membranes.
- Cut the lemons in half. Squeeze each lemon half over a measuring cup until you have ½ cup of juice. Remove seeds.
- Peel the papery skin off the garlic clove. Slice the garlic with a paring knife and mince.
- Combine the scallions, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk together. Fold the lemon juice mixture into the bulgur with a spoon. Add the tomatoes and continue stirring until well combined.