Flat pieces of mutton cut from the ribs and fried till they acquire a crisp crackling texture.
- 1 kg lamb ribs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp powdered aniseeds
- 1 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- a pinch of asafoetida powder
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 250 g ghee
- salt to taste
- Take the entire rib section and cut into rectangular pieces across the ribs.
- Care should be taken that the muscle covering the ribs is not removed.
- Each piece of the rib should be about five inches in length and two inches in width, containing about three to four pieces of rib bone in the meat.
- Take ½ litre water and ½ cup milk in a vessel.
- Add aniseed, ginger, turmeric, asafoetida and cinnamon powders along with cloves and salt to taste.
- Stir well and place rib pieces and boil on medium flame till the meat becomes tender, and almost all water gets absorbed.
- Remove the meat pieces and set aside.
- Heat ghee and deep fry the meat pieces one by one until it turns crispy on both sides.
- At the time of serving, place the pan in an oven for about five minutes at a medium temperature and serve the dish hot.