Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Flat pieces of mutton cut from the ribs and fried till they acquire a crisp crackling texture.
- 1 kg lamb ribs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp powdered aniseeds
- 1 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- a pinch of asafoetida powder
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 250 g ghee
- salt to taste
- Take the entire rib section and cut into rectangular pieces across the ribs.
- Care should be taken that the muscle covering the ribs is not removed.
- Each piece of the rib should be about five inches in length and two inches in width, containing about three to four pieces of rib bone in the meat.
- Take ½ litre water and ½ cup milk in a vessel.
- Add aniseed, ginger, turmeric, asafoetida and cinnamon powders along with cloves and salt to taste.
- Stir well and place rib pieces and boil on medium flame till the meat becomes tender, and almost all water gets absorbed.
- Remove the meat pieces and set aside.
- Heat ghee and deep fry the meat pieces one by one until it turns crispy on both sides.
- At the time of serving, place the pan in an oven for about five minutes at a medium temperature and serve the dish hot.