Authentic Hong Kong-style.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 generous servings
- 1½ cups uncooked regular white rice
- salad oil
- 1 lb ground beef (original recipe calls for 1 lb boned lean pork shoulder, cut into very thin, narrow strips, but we prefer ground beef)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Boil rice in plenty of boiling, salted water for about 10 – 12 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain in colander, then rinse thoroughly with cold water and drain.
- In large pot, cook ground beef and drain and crumble.
- Remove from pot.
- To same pot, add 2 tablespoons oil and sauté garlic, onions and green onions until tender and clear.
- To this mixture, add beaten eggs and cook, stirring until just set, but not dry.
- Then remove from pot.
- To same pot, add 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add rice and toss until hot.
- Next, add soy sauce, cooked beef, and egg and onion mixture, blending well.
- Serve, using more soy sauce if desired.
- Needs no additional salt.