Makes 6 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- 1 medium-size red pepper, julienned
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- chopped unsalted peanuts for garnish
- Combine rice, chicken, spinach, red pepper, mushrooms, peanuts, green onions, mint and cilantro in large bowl.
- Combine water, rice vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ground red pepper in small bowl.
- Just before serving pour dressing over salad; toss.
- Garnish with cilantro and peanuts.