Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Dipping Sauce Edit
- Combine the flour, salt, hot water and shortening in a bowl and incorporate into a smooth dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for 20 minutes, covered.
- Combine the filling ingredients.
- Combine the dipping sauce ingredients.
- Roll the dough out about ⅛ thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter or a glass to cut out 3 inch circles.
- Brush a little water over the circles and place about 2 teaspoons of filling in center.
- Fold the circles in half and press to seal, making sure to squeeze out any air.
- Stand the dumplings up on the folded side and press slightly so that they stand up nicely.
- To cook, bring a pot of salted water to boil, and boil the dumplings until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- The dumplings may be frozen at this point for future use; this recipe makes about 8 dozen.
- Heat a skillet with about 2 tablespoons oil and fry the dumplings on one side only, until nicely browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.