Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Pesto" from Yemen
- 2 bunches cilantro
- 1 bunch parsley (preferably Italian)
- 4 – 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 serrano peppers or 4 Thai red chile peppers, stemmed
- ½ cup olive oil, plus extra if needed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt or 1 teaspoon table salt
- ½ lemon, juice of
- Cut and discard the visible, leafless stems from the cilantro and parsley.
- Wash and pat dry.
- Place the cilantro and parsley in a blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend at low speed, stopping often to smash down the ingredients as they combine.
- Turn up speed and blend thoroughly.
- Place in a storage container, taste and adjust salt, and top with a little oil as you would pesto.
- This lasts for a month if stored in an airtight container.