Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serbian bean soup
- ½ lb dry white beans
- 3 lb beef bones
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 parsnips, peeled
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 Little Dumplings
- 1 tbsp lard
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped or mashed
- 1 tbl hot paprika
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Soak beans in 1 quart cold water the night before you plan to make soup.
- Next day, drain beans and put aside.
- Put 2 quarts water in a large soup pot and in it cook bones and vegetables with salt over low heat for 2 hours.
- Strain and save liquid.
- Put drained beans into the reserved liquid; add enough water to bring the amount back to 2 quarts.
- Cook covered over low heat till beans are done.
- Make little dumplings and put aside.
- Melt the lard in a frying pan.
- Wilt onion in it, then mix in the flour and cook over very low heat till the mixture is light brown.
- Remove from heat and mix in mashed garlic and paprika.
- Whip in ½ cup cold water.
- Add to the almost ready bean soup and cook the soup over very low heat for at least 10 minutes longer.