Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 3 - 4
- 1 pound fresh noodles (Shanghai thin noodles are good)
- ½ pound chicken breast, cut into strips
- 4 ounces shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- ½ bok choy, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup carrot, cut on the diagonal
- ½ cup broccoli or cauliflower, trimmed, cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot bean sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil for stir-frying
- ½ cup stock
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Mix together marinade ingredients.
- Marinate chicken for at least twenty minutes.
- While marinating chicken, mix together sauce ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Also while marinating chicken, parboil noodles in a pot of boiling water for three minutes.
- Loosen up noodles with chopsticks as they are boiling.
- Heat wok.
- When heated, add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add garlic and chicken and stir-fry.
- When the chicken is nearly done, push the chicken up to the side of the wok and add the shrimp in the middle of the wok.
- When the shrimp are done, mix the chicken and shrimp and remove from the wok to a platter.
- Reheat the wok and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add onions, bok choy, carrot and broccoli and stir-fry until tender and crisp.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of salt over the vegetables and mix it in.
- Remove the vegetables to a platter.
- Clean out the wok with a paper towel.
- Heat wok again and add 3 tablespoons oil.
- Place noodles in the wok, using chopsticks to break them up.
- Add 2 tablespoons hot bean sauce and 1 tablespoon light soy sauce.
- Stir-fry until the noodles are heated through.
- Add cooked chicken, shrimp and all the vegetables.
- Re-stir sauce mixture and add.
- When it comes to a boil, test and adjust the seasoning if desired, then remove and serve.