Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- ¾ lb (375 g) lean beef, sliced thinly into bite-sized pieces
- 1 egg
- ⅓ tsp (1.5 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cooking wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 1½ tbsp (20 ml) oil
- 1½ lb (750 g) broccoli, flowerets removed, slice on the diagonal into thin slices
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooking oil
- 2½ tbsp (30 ml) oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) light soy sauce
- ¾ tbsp (10 ml) dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- a few drops of sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (if desired)
- Slice beef and mix together marinade ingredients.
- Add marinade to beef and marinate for thirty minutes.
- Add 1½ tablespoons of oil to beef, mix in thoroughly, and marinate beef for another thirty minutes.
- While beef is marinating, prepare the vegetables.
- Heat wok and add 1 cup of oil.
- When oil is ready, add beef and stir-fry until it is nearly cooked.
- Remove beef and set aside on a plate.
- Drain the wok and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Add ½ cup water to wok.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the broccoli.
- Cover and cook until broccoli is cooked through.
- Drain the wok.
- Heat wok and add oil (about 2 tablespoons).
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Add vegetables and beef and mix together.
- Make a well in the middle of the wok and add the sauce ingredients.
- Add cornstarch, stirring to thicken.
- Mix sauce together with other ingredients.
- Serve hot.