Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Polish apple cake
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 6 medium apples (washed, peeled and chopped)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup toasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ground up flax seeds
- ½ cup oil
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- Place the apples in a large bowl and sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- Mix the flour, oats, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, flax seeds, oil and almond extract.
- Combine egg and flour mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the fruit, nuts and raisins.
- Mix very well.
- You can add some more if the mixture is extremely wet (but it will be wet).
- Put into a large baking dish and smooth out the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 1 hour until risen and skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and cool in the baking dish.