Stuffed vine or cabbage leaves
- 500 g minced veal
- 300 g minced pork
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- ½ cupful rice
- 1 cupful yoghurt
- 30 – 40 vine or cabbage leaves
- 100 g butter or half a cupful of sunflower oil
- Fry the finely chopped onions in some of the oil and some water, stir the paprika and take off the stove.
- Add the meat, rice, pepper, mint and finely chopped parsley.
- Pour over warm salted water and simmer until the water has been absorbed by the rice.
- Scaled the vine or cabbage leaves with salted hot water and put 1 tsp of the mixture on each leave.
- Roll together and arrange in a saucepan, pour over ½ cupful of warm water and 1 tsp fat, close with a lid and simmer on a low fire.
- When ready, pour over the beaten yoghurt and melted butter with stirred in paprika.
- Serve with vegetables.
- The same recipe may be used for stuffed peppers, eggplants and zucchini.