Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stuffed vine or cabbage leaves
- 500 g minced veal
- 300 g minced pork
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- ½ cupful rice
- 1 cupful yoghurt
- 30 – 40 vine or cabbage leaves
- 100 g butter or half a cupful of sunflower oil
- Fry the finely chopped onions in some of the oil and some water, stir the paprika and take off the stove.
- Add the meat, rice, pepper, mint and finely chopped parsley.
- Pour over warm salted water and simmer until the water has been absorbed by the rice.
- Scaled the vine or cabbage leaves with salted hot water and put 1 tsp of the mixture on each leave.
- Roll together and arrange in a saucepan, pour over ½ cupful of warm water and 1 tsp fat, close with a lid and simmer on a low fire.
- When ready, pour over the beaten yoghurt and melted butter with stirred in paprika.
- Serve with vegetables.
- The same recipe may be used for stuffed peppers, eggplants and zucchini.