Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Name Variations Edit
About Syrian cheese Edit
Wikipedia Article About Syrian cheese on Wikipedia
There are numerous different kinds of Syrian cheese. Some of the most common are:
- Jibne baida or white cheese, a hard cheese with a pronounced salty taste, often boiled before eating
- Shalal, a salty white cheese made up of strands of cheese woven together
- Surke, sorke or shanklish, a mature cheese made with spices and generally presented as balls of cheese covered in za'tar or chili; most often eaten as a starter dish with tomato, oil and sometimes onion
- Turkomani, a soft porous cheese with a delicate flavour
- Charkassiye, a soft, fresh cheese