Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 6 cups dry bread, cubed (French or other)
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chocolate, ground
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup citron
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of
Warm milk. Add Sugar, salt and bread.
When this mixture is cool enough, add slightly beaten eggs, melted butter, ground chocolate, lemon rind, Raisin and citron; mix thoroughly.
Pour into 9 x 8-inch greased pan. Bake in 325 degrees oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- When cool, sprinkle red or green Sugar or cake decorations for a holiday treat.