Kansas is a beef state.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- ½ cup flour
- 1½ lb top round steak, 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ cups canned tomatoes
- Mix dry mustard and flour together.
- Pound this into the steak and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear on both sides in hot fat in an 11 to 12 inch skillet then place into a small roaster.
- Arrange onion and carrots around steak.
- Combine brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and tomatoes; pour over steak mixture.
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Serve on a hot platter.