Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kansas is a beef state.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- ½ cup flour
- 1½ lb top round steak, 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ cups canned tomatoes
- Mix dry mustard and flour together.
- Pound this into the steak and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear on both sides in hot fat in an 11 to 12 inch skillet then place into a small roaster.
- Arrange onion and carrots around steak.
- Combine brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and tomatoes; pour over steak mixture.
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Serve on a hot platter.