Makes 6 servings.
- 1 x 15½-ounce can pineapple chunks
- 1¼ pounds lean, boneless pork
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving ½ cup of the syrup.
- Cut pork into very thin strips.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet and when hot add pork. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add onion and green pepper. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add broth, salt, pepper, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and pineapple. Bring to a boil.
- Make a smooth paste of cornstarch and pineapple syrup. Add to meat mixture and cook until thickened and clear, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over fluffy rice.