Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Thai hot sauce, chili oil or other hot sauce(optional)
- 1½ tbsp canola oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced = about 1 tablespoon
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 3 scallions, whites minced, greens thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into 1½" squares
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into 1½" squares
- 2 green bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into 1½" squares
- 1 tbsp black or toasted white sesame seeds
- 1½ tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp cold water
- Combine the lemon juice, tamari, honey, and hot sauce (if using) in a bowland whisk until smooth.
- Just before serving, heat a wok over high heat.
- Swirl in the oil.
- Add the garlic, giner, chile, and scallion whites, and stir-fry over high heat for 15 seconds, or until fragrant but now brown.
- Add the peppers and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until the peppers begin to soften.
- Stir in half the scallion greens, half the sesame seeds, and the sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the dissolved cornstarch and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a platter and garnish with the remaining scallion greens and sesame seeds.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving: calories 94, protein 2gm, fat 4gm, sodium 505mg, 0 cholesterol