Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into ½-inch cubes or strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15½-ounce) can pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice
- 1 (1.6-ounce) package no-fat brown gravy mix 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot (or ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 2 cups snow peas, washed and trimmed
- 3 cups hot cooked lo mein noodles, vermicelli noodles or rice
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet.
- Add chicken and garlic; stir fry until chicken turns white on both sides.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple juice into a 2-cup glass measure; add enough water to make 2 cups liquid.
- Pour 1½ cups of the liquid into skillet; heat to boiling.
- Stir gravy mix into remaining ½ cup liquid; stir into boiling mixture until thickened.
- Add pineapple, bell pepper, brown sugar, soy sauce and gingerroot.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Simmer 3 minutes; stir in snow peas.
- Simmer for 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Serve over noodles or rice.