This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 small head cabbage shredded
- 14½ ounce can tomatoes chopped and undrained
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- juice of half of a warmed lemon
- 1 medium white onion diced
- Toss all ingredients into a pot large enough to contain them then bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer and cook for 1½ hours.