Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Servings: 2 cups (1 tbsp per serving)
- 2 cups pitted, sweet cherries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- pinch of salt (⅛ tsp)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp freshly grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp kirsch (or 1 tsp cherry flavoring)
- Place cherries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the cherries and set aside.
- Dissolve the 2 t cornstarch in 2 t cold water.
- Bring the syrup to a boil and stir the cornstarch mixture into the boiling juice, stirring as it thickens.
- Add salt, lemon juice, lemon rind, and kirsch.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 7 minutes.
- Return the cherries to the syrup and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and pour into a sterile jar.
- Syrup may be stored for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 45 | Sodium: 22 mg | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Exchanges: ½ fruit