For vegetarian. Taken from my fav cookbook.
- 300 g tempeh
- 100 g peanuts
- 5 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh chile peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- oil (for deep frying)
- Cut tempeh into thin strips and deep fry until crisp and golden.
- Then fry peanuts until crisp.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok and fry garlic and shallots for 1 minute and add sliced chilies.
- Fry for another minute, add tomato, chili sauce, sugar and salt.
- Cook until sauce begin to thicken.
- Add tempeh and peanuts and stir to coat with sauce.
- Serve with warm rice.
- Drizzle lime juice, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.