Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings of sweet wine and vanilla peach melba.
- 2 cups sweet dessert wine (I used sangria)
- ½ vanilla bean, seeds scraped off or 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 peaches, halved (I used nectarines from our tree)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 pints raspberry sorbet
- In a 13x9 inch baking dish, mix wine and vanilla.
- Add peaches, cut sides down.
- Marinate at room temp 2 hours, occasionally spooning marinade over peaches.
- Transfer peaches cup sides up to a platter, refrigerate.
- Pour marinade into saucepan, stir in sugar.
- Bring to a boil, boil until thick and syrupy.
- Let cool to room temp.
- To serve---put a peach half cut side up into each of 8 dessert bowls, put a scoop of sorbet into each cavity and drizzle with syrup.
- Garnish with red raspberries.