Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup 'sweet' rice
- 1 ripe mango
- ½ cup mashed low fat tofu
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp guar gum to thicken
- Rinse the rice and let soak in cold water for 5 to 10 hours.
- Peel and slice the mango mix the last 7 ingredients and blend to a smooth cream.
- Drain the rice well and lay in a thin layer on a steamer insert (cheesecloth on top of the insert may be needed if the holes are too large) and cook over steam for about 40 minutes or until soft.
- Spoon hot rice into small bowls, top with the chilled mango slices and spoon over the lightly warmed tofu cream.
- Roasted cashews or a few shreds of coconut may be added as a garnish only if you wish.