- 360ml/12fl.oz. water
- 1 x 7.5 cm/3-inch cinnamon Stick
- The rind of 1/2 a lime (in large pieces)
- 100g/4oz rice, washed
- 1 teasp vanilla extract
- ¼ teasp salt
- 90ml/32fl.oz. milk
- 1 small tin condensed milk
- Ground cinnamon
- Place the water in a large saucepan together with the lime rind and cinnamon stick and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice, stir to mix then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and lime rind then add the vanilla extract, salt, milk and condensed milk. Mix well then continue to simmer over medium heat for 1 hour, stirring often to prevent it sticking to the bottom and burning.
- Transfer to individual serving dishes, allow to cool then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving sprinkled with ground cinnamon.