Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- ½ cup butter divided
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup packed - brown sugar divided
- ½ cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup old fashioned oatmeal uncooked
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
- Bake potatoes in conventional oven until tender.
- When tender split open and scoop pulp into large bowl discarding skins.
- Melt ¼ cup of the butter then beat into potatoes.
- Beat in eggs, milk, ¼ cup of brown sugar, bourbon, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg then spread evenly into casserole dish.
- Combine remaining brown sugar, oats and flour in small bowl.
- Cut in remaining butter until mixture is size of small peas.
- Stir in pecans then sprinkle evenly over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.