This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- ½ cup butter divided
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup packed - brown sugar divided
- ½ cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup old fashioned oatmeal uncooked
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
- Bake potatoes in conventional oven until tender.
- When tender split open and scoop pulp into large bowl discarding skins.
- Melt ¼ cup of the butter then beat into potatoes.
- Beat in eggs, milk, ¼ cup of brown sugar, bourbon, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg then spread evenly into casserole dish.
- Combine remaining brown sugar, oats and flour in small bowl.
- Cut in remaining butter until mixture is size of small peas.
- Stir in pecans then sprinkle evenly over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.