Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sweet Potato Soup from the Public Domain Cookbook -- original source of recipe, taken from government resource in the public domain
- Serves: 8
- ⅔ cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 6 cups peeled and chopped sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (15½ oz) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 (14½ oz) cans low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté until lightly browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.