- 3 cups grated raw sweet potatoes,
- 1 cup molasses or dark cane syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Simmer slowly, stirring constantly for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a well-greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes, stirring the pan every 5 minutes for the first 20 minutes in the oven.
- After the last stirring, smooth the top and let it brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Cut into squares and serve hot or cold.