Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- ½ cup milk
- Boil the potatoes until tender.
- When you stick a fork in them it should go in easy but you don't want them to fall apart.
- Let the potatoes cool and then peel them.
- Put the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and mash them thoroughly with a potato masher.
- Melt the butter and pour it and the other ingredients in the bowl of potatoes.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Put into an oven preheated to 375 °F.
- Cook for about 35–40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.