Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegetable of the Month: Sweet Potato by the US Center for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 6 cups peeled and finely shredded sweet potatoes
- 1 cup finely shredded onions
- 1 tsp salt-free herb seasoning
- 1⅔ cup unbleached flour
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1½ cups egg substitute
- 6 tsp canola oil, divided
- In a large bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, zucchini, onions, lemon juice, herb blend, egg, flour, and parsley.
- In a large no-stick frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat, warm 2 tsp of the oil.
- Drop a large Tbsp of the batter into the pan and spread it with a spatula to form a thin pancake. Add more batter to fill the pan without crowding the pancakes.
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat, adding the remaining 4 tsp oil as needed, until all the batter has been used.