Purchased from Zimmerman Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1989. This recipe indicates it came from an old community cookbook published in 1956. Unfortunately, doesn’t give the name of that cookbook. I made these and didn’t care for them, but had reviews from my supper club and gave the recipe to 14 different people, so must just be me.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 2 cups cold mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter melted, divided
- 6 large marshmallows
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix sweet potatoes with the salt, pepper, nutmeg and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions and form each into a flat circle.
- Place 1 marshmallow in the center of each circle and then fold the potato mixture up around the marshmallows.
- Mix crushed cereal with the remaining melted butter.
- Roll the balls in the cereal and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake until browned but not long enough to melt the marshmallows.
- Serve hot.