Recipe by Joyce Myers
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 to 2 tbsp potato flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- sour cream
Sugared pecans Edit
- Parboil potatoes in boiling water until slightly tender but firm.
- Refrigerate potatoes until cold.
- Remove skin and shred into bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and potato flour.
- Mix until well blended.
- Coat bottom of 10" non-stick skillet with 2 tsp oil.
- Shape latkes into 2½ " patties.
- Cook until brown on both sides and transfer to paper towels to drain briefly.
- Add oil as needed to remaining batches.
- Pipe dollop of sour cream with pastry bag on top for each latke.
- Top with Sugared pecans.