This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 medium brown egg yolks
- 4 cups peeled coarsely grated sweet potatoes
- 1½ tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shot bourbon whiskey
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks lightly and add the grated sweet potato, whiskey, flour, nutmeg, salt, white pepper, brown sugar and chopped parsley.
- Fold together until all of the ingredients are well blended.
- Heat butter in a skillet then drop mixture by spoonfuls, keeping to a size of about 4 inches across, and cook gently until browned around the edges.
- Flip each cake over and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the paper bag or newspaper to drain. Keep warm then pair this fried, homemade hash brown with other side dishes or main dishes.