Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 3 x 8 oz pkgs cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1½ cups sweet potatoes, mashed
Graham Cracker-Pecan Crust
- Combine crust ingredients well and press into a 10-inch spring-form pan.
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and eggs until smooth; beat in flour, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Beat cream and well-mashed sweet potatoes in on medium speed of a hand held mixer just until well-combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust.
- Bake at 425 °F for 15 minutes; lower heat to 275 degrees and bake 1 hour more.
- Turn heat off and leave in the oven to cool for several hours, or cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream or caramel topping.