Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sweet Potatoes Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg (or ¼ cup egg mix + ¼ cup water)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 1-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain and mash sweet potatoes.
- Add white sugar, egg, 1 tablespoon melted butter, milk, and vanilla and mix well.
- Spoon into the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, chopped nuts, flour, 1 tablespoon water, and the remaining tablespoon of melted butter.
- Sprinkle over the top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until casserole is heated and brown sugar topping is melted.