Sweet potato Bread Pudding that I perfected in 1982. I loved sweet potatoes and love bread pudding. I experimented with these recipe for 3-4 times before I came up with this version which won second place in a cooking contest in 1999. Enjoy.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 8 slices day old wheat bread
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 pound mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2½ cups whole milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Crumble bread in a buttered casserole dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and gently pour and stir in over bread.
- Set casserole in larger casserole or baking dish. Fill larger dish with hot water.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Serve warm with a dollop of cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream over.