Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sweet potato Bread Pudding that I perfected in 1982. I loved sweet potatoes and love bread pudding. I experimented with these recipe for 3-4 times before I came up with this version which won second place in a cooking contest in 1999. Enjoy.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 8 slices day old wheat bread
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 pound mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2½ cups whole milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Crumble bread in a buttered casserole dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and gently pour and stir in over bread.
- Set casserole in larger casserole or baking dish. Fill larger dish with hot water.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Serve warm with a dollop of cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream over.