Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 cups of self rising flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup of cooked, sweet potatoes, mashed
- ⅓ cup of orange juice
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter,sweet potatoes, milk, juice and egg.
- Mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and stir them into the sweet potato mixture, mixing well.
- Pour batter into an 8 x 8 inch pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes — spray the pan beforehand with cooking spray.
- Cool until warm, and cut into 8 squares.
- Serve with butter.
Cook a large sweet potato in the microwave, like a potato, but about double the time, cool then mash for this recipe, or used leftover fresh or canned sweet potatoes.