Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit and Vegetable Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 2 lbs fresh sweet potatoes
- 1½ lbs cooking apples
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- ½ cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Boil potatoes, cool, skin and slice ¼ inch thick.
- Peel apples, quarter, core and slice ¼ inch thick. While combining other ingredients, keep apples in fruit juice to prevent discoloration.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, margarine, cider, syrup, lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger to a boil. Reduce heat and cook mixture for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Drain apples well and pat dry. Arrange apples and sweet potatoes in a 9x13x2 inch casserole dish. Cover with sauce. Bake at 325 °F for 25 – 30 minutes, basting occasionally.