Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 4 medium size sweet potatoes
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil sweet potatoes in salted water for 30 to 40 minutes, until tender. Drain, cool, peel, and cut into ¼-inch slices.
- Arrange have of the sliced sweet potatoes and half of the sliced apples in a 1½-quart shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with onion, brown sugar, and marjoram; dot with butter. Arrange remaining sweet potato and apple slices in the baking dish.
- Combine water with lemon juice; pour over layer of sweet potatoes and apples. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.