Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 6 to 7 cups sliced sweet potatoes
- 1 x 9-ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- flaked coconut (optional)
- Thinly slice lemon, orange and sweet potatoes.
- Alternate layers of potatoes, orange and lemon.
- Combine pineapple, sugar, butter and salt. Pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle coconut on top, if desired. Bake at 30 to 40 minutes or until tender in 350 °F. oven.